A little harder to get preened this morning after a busy day and night. The snow falling this morning makes it important to keep my feathers clean and puffed-out to stay warm (good thing that I am a snow goose). Interesting conversations yesterday amongst the long-term investor/Wandering Albatross community.
- The high energy costs in Europe,
- The relative lack of monetary easing in Europe and the risks to the economic recovery,
- Regulatory concerns hampering growth and the risk that the regulators, having been focused on the banks and investment banks, may turn their focus to the investment management industry,
- The risk of social unrest if economies, particularly in Europe, don’t create more economic growth and jobs,
- The risks associated with getting out of the strong monetary easing policies that have been in place in many countries,
- China and the risks associated with a slowdown in the Chinese economy,
- Low interest rates and its impact on the pricing of assets.